At Down South Computers Services your privacy is our priority. We are committed to protecting your privacy at all times and in all situations. The information we collect about you when you become a member is used to process your orders and to provide a more personalised experience on our website. Our website uses encryption in areas of the website where personal information is collected or displayed to increase the security of any information transmitted between your computer and our website. However, please note that we cannot guarantee complete security of all stored information, although, we do everything in our power to ensure that all information is secure.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
When you become a Down South Computers Services’ client, we ask you to fill out a form that requests your name, address and e-mail address. Down South Computers Services’ may share this data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis.
Your name, email and address information is used solely to process orders unless you give prior consent for this information to be used for other purposes. Without your consent, this information will NEVER be sold, given, rented or traded to others for purposes other than order fulfillment.
All Down South Computers Services’ employees take your personal information very seriously. All employees are required learn and comply with our security policies. Access to personal information of website members is limited to our employees.
Correcting/Updating Your Personal Information
After becoming a Down South Computers Services’ client you may correct/update your personal information by emailing or calling our office. The changes you make will be reflected in our databases instantly. If you wish to deactivate your account, you should contact us via emailing or calling our office and request for your account to be deactivated.
Links To Other Sites
From time to time we may send out email messages alerting you that products are available, to remind you about providing feedback or for promotional offers. In addition, you will receive communication from us 1) if you contact us for a particular reason, 2) to receive your orders, or 3) we need to contact you for administrative purposes such as winning a contest. If you choose to receive our Newsletters, they may contain promotional materials from Down South Computers Services and our partners.
Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our website.
We may correct or supplement your address information with standardised postal representation in order to ensure that your orders are delivered.
Cookies are pieces of information that your browser stores on your computer’s hard drive which identify you when you enter. We may use session cookies to provide a seamless experience on the website and to combine with our log files so that we can understand our website traffic and analyze website usage information in aggregate form.
Your Feedback is Always Welcome
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARKS
Manufacturer’s images and links used on our websites are reserved copyrights and trademarks of their respective owners.
All original images as well as links are used to allow a more up-to-date and accurate information being passed on to the visitor of this website.
We do not own or publish the contents of the information within the links. We are only the reseller of the products.
Compatibility between all hardware or software products is not guaranteed. No refund/replacement will be available for incompatibility problems.
It is the customers’ own responsibility to ensure compatibility issues between all hardware or software are resolved prior to ordering.
Down South Computer Services has limited information regarding compatibility, so customers are encouraged to do their own research first.
It is generally recommended to purchase products made by the same manufacturer to ensure more compatibilities.
No lay-by or rainchecks are available.
Item availability and prices are subject to change without notice. Contact us for latest information.
We may hold stock only at our discretion (we cannot hold goods that are low in stock unless the full amount has been paid).
While we aim to keep our stock levels up on most items, we cannot guarantee availability on all items, so we recommend a formal query or purchase order be made prior to pick up (via email/ telephone).
We will then be able to confirm the availability, reserve your stock, and give you the latest pricing. Items in stock will be allocated and reserved only to customers with a formal purchase order.
All products sold by Down South Computer Services carry a minimum 12 month return to base manufacturer’s warranty. Some products offer an extended limited warranty, whereby customers may be required to register the product warranty with the manufacturer. Down South Computer Services’ warranty term is based on the manufacturers’ warranty terms and conditions. Down South Computer Services will process all warranty claims with the manufacturer on behalf of customers. Down South Computer Services does not handle warranty returns for products that already provide a direct manufacturer to customer warranty service. These products include, but are not limited to, printers, scanners, laptops and monitors. Refer to your warranty terms for specific details. Products returned for warranty claims will be repaired or replaced by the manufacturers. No financial refunds will be provided under any circumstances.
Products within the warranty period which have been discontinued by manufacturer shall be upgraded to similar product, or a credit will be given at the current market value or purchase price (whichever is lower), less our restocking fee, and at the discretion of the supplier. Proof of purchase, a copy of the original receipt and a detailed fault description must be included with the product sent for warranty claim. Warranty is provided solely on products sold by Down South Computer Services. Other faulty products used in conjunction with products purchased from Down South Computer Services, which are not purchased from us, will not be covered under warranty. All shipping charges to and from Down South Computer Services incurred in a warranty claim are the expense of the customer. We only cover the cost of sending warranty from Down South Computer Services to our suppliers. Products under warranty must be properly packaged in a condition acceptable by the vendor. (Please provide original packaging if possible, or adequate safe packaging, as insufficient safe packaging will result in warranty being voided). Products returned to us under warranty that are tested and found to be without fault may be charged a labour fee of $95inc GST at the discretion of the business.
Down South Computer Services WILL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INDIRECT LOSS RESULTING FROM FAULTY SYSTEMS OR PARTS. These may include but are not limited to, loss or use of data, or profits. Warranty will be voided if a defect is not the fault of the manufacturer, or if the defect is due to mishandling, modification, tampering, abuse, physical damage, improper installation or use, or caused by power surge/electrical faults/lightning strike. Products returned showing evidence of user induced damage, over clocking or modification will be denied warranty claims. This includes improper installation of CPU heat sink, scratches on motherboard, removal of fan/heat sink, cutting of cables, soldering components and use of a non-genuine heat sink and fan.
Down South Computer Services has a 7 (seven) day DOA (Dead on Arrival) period, whereby if a product is found to be DOA, we will provide replacement, subject to our testing before approval. Shipping back DOA goods to you will be at the business’s expense. Down South Computer Services is not responsible for any data loss. Backing up of data is the responsibility of customer.
We do not provide a backup service or data recovery when sending hard disk for warranty claims to the manufacturer. We aim to reduce the number of returns by providing email based technical support which often solve most problems. Turnaround time for warranty returns may depend on the availability of the replacement product from manufacturer/distributors. The process of warranty return involves the shipping of warranty to Down South Computer Services, the time it takes for us to test the products, filing of warranty request to our suppliers and waiting for the approval, the shipping of warranty to our supplier and supplier’s own testing, if there is replacement stock then it will be shipped to us, otherwise there will be further delay in coming back to us. Down South Computer Services will not be responsible to keep any warranty returns sent to Down South Computer Services that is unclaimed or has not been picked up for any longer than 3 months.
RETURNS, REFUNDS, AND REPLACEMENT
You must contact Down South Computer Services first prior to returning any products for refunds or warranty. When goods returned within warranty period, and the product is no longer available or repairable, Down South Computer Services will replace with equal or similar product and if not possible, offer a credit/refund at the current market value less our restocking fee solely at our discretion. Within ACCC guideline for the refund of goods under warranty, if the goods returned have had a fair amount of use, Down South Computer Services is allowed to offer partial refund or replacement only. Down South Computer Services restocking fee is calculated based on the time period the good has been purchased, as shown on the date of the invoice. If goods returned within 1 month, it will carry a 20% restocking fee, no refund will be offered after 12 months. Down South Computer Services DO NOT accept returns for refunds, credit or exchanges based on incorrect, incompatible or unsuitable goods, please select your goods carefully before placing your order or ask for our advice in writing before purchasing.
Down South Computer Services DO NOT accept return for refunds for goods returned which has been opened/used/damage/modified, as we will not be able to return the product to our supplier. Shipping cost or any financial charges is non-refundable. Down South Computer Services DO NOT offer ‘instant’ replacement or ‘advance’ replacement, we do our best to speed up the process of warranty returns provided all products returned are meeting the warranty terms and conditions. There will be no credit or refund given on the price difference of the ordered items once the product has been paid in full. Prices on computer parts are volatile and we do not control the price fluctuations. If goods received are not as ordered, please inform Down South Computer Services within 24 hours of receiving the delivery, do not open any packaging or use as it will be deemed to be acceptance of goods and will not be accepted for returns. Cancellation of order where it involves a computer system being built will result in a minimum of 20% deduction for the loss of our time and depreciation of goods. Cancellation of specially ordered item will result in a minimum of 20% restocking fee. No refund after the special ordered has arrived at our warehouse. Cancellation must be informed as soon as possible. Any cancellation after a product has been packed and shipped out will not be accepted. Thus, resulting in the customer paying for total invoice. Down South Computer Services reserve the title of ownership to any extra or incorrect goods shipped as result of our error.
- All prices quoted on the website are INCLUSIVE OF GST, but NOT including freight and handling charges, and is based on cash or direct deposit payments only. Please be aware that our online prices are STRICTLY for online purchases only.
- While we make every effort to ensure consistent pricing, our in-store prices may vary from store to store.
- All part advertised DO NOT include the cost for any installation or troubleshooting compatibility issues with the parts we have sold you. If you require assistance on installation/troubleshooting, this will be charged at our standard labour charge of $95/hour (return to base) or callout fee, $95/hour thereafter (minimum 1 hour charged) onsite.
- As errors and omissions may occur, pricing, product information and availability is not final until it has been confirmed by Down South Computer Services staff either by email or by phone.
- All prices are subject to change without notice. By placing the order, the customer has agreed to pay the prices quoted at the time of purchase.
- If an item undergoes a price increase, we reserved the right to cancel your order or give you the option to pay the difference.
- The final price will be verified via your order confirmation, which will be sent via email or given over the phone.
- All of our advertised prices are already inclusive of GST. We do not sell ex-tax prices to any individuals or businesses.
- We are registered to collect GST on behalf of ATO, our ABN is 69 904 219 669, and GST components (10% Goods and Services Tax) are shown in our invoices.
- You are not required to give your ABN number for purchasing products from us.
- We cannot sell duty free to anyone including overseas travellers. However, for overseas travellers, they are able to purchase from us and claim back the GST from the customs department before you leave as long as you provide the invoice/receipt.
SHIPPING AND INSURANCE
- We reserve the right not to deliver to addresses not listed in the White Pages.
- Shipping to postcodes outside Busselton may be subject to additional freight fees. Down South Computers has the right to decline orders where the cost of freight exceeds normal rates.
- All prices listed for each product do not including any shipping charges or insurance. Insurance charges are optional and to be paid by customer at their request. Contact our office for a quote of insurance.
- We reserved the right not to deliver to PO BOX.
- Down South Computer Services currently DO NOT and have any plans to ship overseas at this time. Shipping address must have a complete contact detail that can be verified by phone call (as listed on White pages).
- We do not ship orders to a third party, unless Down South Computer Services can verify all address and contact details.
- Delivery to work address or non-residential address must be accompanied with the full verifiable details such as company name, address, contact name and phone number.
- Customer is responsible to be available for delivery and to sign and accept the goods, redelivery attempts will be charged to customer if delivery address is unattended.
Shipping and insurance charges are non-refundable.
- Customers is solely responsible for ensuring that accurate shipping information is provided when making an order for delivery. Please contact us ASAP if you find that the provided shipping information is incorrect or requires a change. Changing shipping information on the website does not update existing orders as they have already been processed.
- Customer is responsible for all freight charges, for re-deliveries, refused shipments/incorrect delivery details and these are added to the invoice total.
- Customers can track their order by tracking/ consignment numbers given, and you can follow up the delivery status with courier (only available for courier with tracking services). Alternatively, call to check with our Office.
- Dimensions/oversize weights are applied to freight charges when applicable.
- All claims for damage/pilferage must be filed with delivering carrier. Down South Computer Services will not file this for you. If goods received seems to have damaged packaging DO NOT open any original packaging or use the item as it will be deemed to be acceptance of goods and will not be accepted for returns. All original boxes and packing material must be returned to us for proof of evidence.
- All claims for shortages/miss-shipments/miss-billings must be made within 24 hours of receipt of goods. Down South Computer Services WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR GOODS LOST OR ARRIVED DAMAGED if customers use their own couriers. Split Shipments incur individual shipping charges.
- Our business bank account is held with Bendigo Bank. For Banking details please contact our office.
- We may require an advanced payment (or a minimum 50% deposit) prior to any special order (ORDER ONLY) items or large orders. Balance of payment must be paid on pickup or once goods are ready for delivery.
- For interstate customers only, large orders or special custom built-systems valued over $1,000 will require to be fully pre-paid before any system can be built or deliveries can be made.
- Please beware that if you are doing direct deposit payment using an internet banking system from a different bank other than Bendigo Bank it may take up to 48 hours to show up in our account. We do not ship out the order until payment is finalised.
- Payment by any type of cheque is subject to banking clearance period of 3-5 working days, we do not process or ship out goods until all payments have been received first. Please make cheque payable to Down South Computer Services.
- If paying by credit card, the customer must provide accurate details as we require and allow Down South Computer Services to be able to verify their details with their financial institutions.
- Down South Computer Services may refuse to accept a credit card payment if it deems to have insufficient verifiable information.
- When paying by credit card, customer must be contactable on land line at the listed delivery address, no mobile phone or unlisted number will be accepted as a contact number.
- Customer will be required to fax/photocopy the credit card detail & their driver licence & signed Authorisation Form when placing an order with credit card details that is not verifiable.
- For pickups card holder must pick up goods themselves.
- Cardholder will need to bring in credit card plus ID (DL Preferred)
- Any expenses, costs or disbursements incurred by Down South Computer Services in recovering any outstanding monies, including debt collection agency fees and solicitors costs shall be paid by the Consigned/Purchaser.